Sunday 30 August 2009

Reflection of today

Well as usual ,today is Sunday, my normal routine at work ( Neuro Surgery ) . Well, how am I going to write this...ehmmm lets see...OK... was a hectic day ..along with a new girl who have works as scrub nurse but no exposure about Neuro surgery. Its hard, when they don't understand the work load here. Surgeon rushing ..while you 're in charge of the instrument at the same time assisting surgeon because the Associate Consultant that assist the Surgeon does not know what to do....In my hand retracting for the surgeon and the other hand of mine holding or passing instrument ....and when ever I can i will try to do my swab count before the surgery ends....and also instrument count...Now, the problem lies on when a new girl who 's not familiar with the instrument , expecting me to follow her speed so that she can cope with the instruments name ...but what about me who'e trying to finish the count before the surgeon close the skin...? I truly understand being new ...Its not like i want to bully..clearly they don't get it !! This cause frustration at work and unnecessary stress....The simple solution is that new girls are supposed to rotate in thier related field till their familiar..then to follow major cases...I 'm dealing with human life...i don't have time to wait !!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment